Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A lengthy Absence

In a fit of apathy that has lasted over a month, I let this blog fall by the wayside. I assumed that it was alright to do so, since I had no readers besides my Mum and my sister. Apparently, they disagreed, and have recently taken to persuading (pestering) me to take up my virtual pen and return to the blog. So I have. Here are the pictures that I did manage to take since July 1, not including today. My plan is to post these, make zucchini bread, and then post today's real post.

Yupp, zucchini bread. As any experienced gardener will tell you, zucchini plants tend to produce more zucchinis than expected. Unfortunately, I am not an experienced gardener. I'm not any sort of gardener, actually. My parents planted all the vegetables, including the teeny-weeny plants that exploded into zucchini-bearing, backyard-noming jungle vines. Since I hate zucchini in almost any form, and since Mum and sister like zucchini, my clever and not-at-all devious plan is to turn most of it into zucchini bread, which, surprisingly, I do like.

Picture time!
July 2: Garage Sale, day one!
July 3: Day two of the garage sale!
July 4: Cupcakes I made to bring to a Fourth of July Party.
Thank you, Martha Stewart.
July 6: Poster of Scarface, complete with model gun and bullets.
Found this in a sub shop downtown run by an Italian family,
which was not at all worrying.
July 11: Maggie's graduation party
July 17: Embarkation day for our cruise to Nova Scotia.
This is the tail of the carnival ship, which makes really,
really loud noises that can startle certain people.
July 18: Mum and Dad and a sunset on the ocean.
July 19: I found this on a tree in St. John's. It has
nothing to do with our day in St. John's, but it's
my favorite picture from the day.
July 20: THESE ARE MEN IN KILTS. I love
Nova Scotia.
July 21: Last night on the Carnival Glory, and the last night of
some really amazing food.
July 30: Maggie's surprise for me. Yes. That is a tomato,
in my bed, dressed like a person. For the confused
among you, it was in response to a zucchini I left in
Mum's bed dressed as a sleeping person. I even used
a sock for a sleeping cap. I can't find the picture of it though.
July 31: Harry Potter themed cookies in honor
of Harry Potter's birthday. Maggie made these. Try and guess
what they are!
August 5: The container store! And my ideal closet.
August 6: I painted my nails a very deep plum. The nail
polish came from one of those "Spend this much money, get
this gift" promotions Ulta offers. Also: yes, I bite my nails.
August 7: I made myself a jewelry board!
August 8: Asian money!

That's my post for right now! On to the zucchini foe...er, bread.

4 comments:

  1. So did I.

    PS. I subscribe to your blog in Netvibes. I don't think there is a way for you to find out how many people subscribe to your blog using a blog aggregator like Netvibes. You could have an audience of MILLIONS and not know it.

    I hope one of those cookies was an owl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I doubt I have millions of users. 10 seems a more hopeful number.

    I wish :( we had a snake though, and Arnold the Pygmy Puff...and a Dark Mark...but no owl. Which is just as well, since they all puffed up and became shapeless blobs anyway.

    ReplyDelete